Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Counting Down...

I have tendered my resignation to one of my supervisors tonight. Having a mixed feeling - glad to say goodbye to weekend work and night shifts in another month's time... yet hoping that I will not regret submitting my resignation as I heard that my department may eventually be reducing the various shift hours to only the 2 to 11pm shift.

Then again, it's too late to regret now though... Everytime the question "Will I regret it?" appears on my mind, I would need to think of all the bad things and experiences to support that my decision to leave is right (hopefully it is really right)!!...

Last day of work would be on 23rd December 2006, in which I will be working an overnight shift with Charmaine on my last day of work.

Went to a marketing firm for an interview 2 days ago... Apparently, the interviewer told me that there's a high possibility that they will be hiring me. However, I told them that I need to consider due to the 5.5 work week and that I have to let them know of my decision by tomorrow (Wednesday). Till now, I am still unsure as usual!! Like my mother said, I will eventually complain to her abt having to wake up early to go to work on Saturdays so it is better that I do not take up the job offer. However, I think I kinda like the jobscope and that they could pay me more than 2k... so I'm afriad that if I reject it, I might not be able to find another one I like yet pays me well... Sigh, why must it be on 5.5 days work week???

Ok, I know I am choosy!! But I can't help it... It's the fickle-minded me lor, I want the best of both worlds!!! Hee!!

T, another of my shift supervisor, did not talk to me today!! Not at all... unlike the other day when he kept teasing me about my gastric... Wondering if he is guilty about the change in schedule, in which I'm very unhappy with him and that he knew it bcoz I confronted him by sms last Saturday.

In any case, I just wonder why things always happen so unfairly to me!! - No one else gets a overnight shift before their leave except me... I need to give up my off-in-lieu (which was initially granted) to grant others to reinstate their leaves!! Others could request to reinstate their annual leaves within the same month when their leaves were removed or replaced by their off days, while I need to carry forward mine to the next year when the same thing happened to me!!

When I smsed T to ask him why he removed my off-in-lieu that was initially given, he said that it was to accomodate to the other 23 of my colleagues and that my off-in-lieu would be scheduled when situation allows. What kind of reply is this??!! He is obviously being bias!! Why not reschedule the other's shift to accomodate to me then? Why must I carry forward my leaves to the next year so as to accomodate to the others and not work it the other way round for me?? Like I say, I juz feel that I am always treated unfairly!! or should I say that I am suay all the time??

Need to work 2 hours of compulsory overtime for this and next week again... Sianz!! Work OT also cannot claim... wasting my time!! Furthermore, they changed our shift hours from the 5pm to 1am shift to the 2pm to 11pm shift for this week... And I need to stay till 12am to serve my overtime. =(

All these make me feel that my decision to leave the job is a right choice again!! Hahaa!! Hoping that 23rd December 2006 will arrive faster!!! But kinda sad that I will not be able to work together with colleagues like Charmaine, Claryse, Rach, Zac, etc. very soon. Sad to say, just when I have grown to enjoy their company at work now, I need to leave them soon too...

No comments: