Thursday, November 16, 2006

Down With Gastric Flu??

Just as I have posted about how the irregular meals have affected me earlier... I am down with gastric flu last night and today!

Went to work as usual yesterday eventhough I woke up feeling a little nauseous... also agreed to go to the office 1 hour earlier to do the Voices of Employee Survey for my company.

At first, I still felt alright... but after the first call I took, I immediately felt damn stressed up!! The lady called in to asked on the bank charges for depositing a USD cheque into her USD account in Singapore. I advised her accordingly as per the charges stated in the pricing guide, but she insisted for me to do a conversion of the charges into USD for her and kept challenging me by asking if I am sure about it bcoz I sounded unsure myself... She even asked for my name before she hung up the call... Guessed she might want to lodge a complaint on my bad service as I was not proficient in my product knowledge!!

I hate to answer questions on the charges for foreign cheques deposit and remittances due to the differences in scenarios such as whether the deposit or remittance would involve foreign currencies... Everytime I got to answer such queries, I would curse and swear while putting the customer on hold!! Haa!!

Somehow, I seems to be quite suay yesterday as all the calls I got were mostly so complicated and needed me to think alot... Also might be due to the lapse in memory after going back to work from the 10 days break.

Anyway, soon my head became more and more heavy and the pain was kinda unbearable, then my stomach starts to feel empty and started aching again... but this time I felt like vomitting... Yet everytime I wanted to vomit, I would either cough or burp out alot of air...

Told one of my sup that I wanted to leave earlier... He said I could leave earlier but still, I need to provide a MC for last night, if not it will be considered as an urgent leave taken. He then hurried me to go off since he knew that I was not feeling well.

Left the office at around 10pm but waited for the cab for quite awhile as there was no cab at the taxi stand during that time... all the cabs waiting there were on call!!

By the time I boarded a cab, it was like 10.30pm... And I headed straight to the 24 hours clinic immediately... Reached the clinic at almost 11pm. Apparently, there were still quite a lot of people waiting in the clinic and I had to wait for another 4 more patients before my turn. I then called up my parents to inform them that I am at the clinic... and they actually walked over to fetch me as I told them that I felt really giddy and kept wanting to vomit.

After seeing the doctor, the doctor did not say much but gave me some tablets for my headache, gastric and vomit and also a MC for last night and today. I vomitted some kind of foam immediately after leaving the clinic!! Luckily my parents came down to pick me and we boarded a cab home even though my block is just located some distant across the road from the clinic.

The cab driver only charged us $2 for that ride!! Ahahaa!! Coz my mum told him that I was not feeling well... and he said "Oh, poor girl!!..." Kekeke...

I think the medicines that the clinic gave me are not working!! I felt nauseous the whole night even after taking them... and my headache became worst till I can't sleep.

Even now, I am still having a headache... though not as serious as last night but a mild one... However, I hate this feeling coz my head feels so so heavy!!! =(

No comments: