Monday, November 13, 2006

Working Shift Hours At Our Own Risks...

I think my job has started affecting my health by giving me gastric pain whenever I eat my meals too late...

Previously, I always thought that I would never or seldom experience gastric pain as I was able to skip a whole day's meal without eating and spent the whole day shopping... (Not everytime la, this only happened once or twice in a long long time) Yesterday, I ate my breakfast/lunch and left the house to go for my eyebrows trimming appointment at iNuovi and also went to trim my fringe at Reds... After that I continued to shop around in town till 7plus when my stomach started giving me that aching feeling, as if it's warning me to feed it with food!!

It was the same aching feeling I got when working on the last 5pm to 2am shift (the night before I went on leave)... Was scheduled to go for my 15mins break at 8.15pm, however I missed my break bcoz unfortunately, a STUPID customer called in and asked for me to do so many things, thus causing the call time to overlapse into my break time!!!

Thus, I only had time to eat my food during the every 1-3 minutes intervals between each incoming call... Then, I don't know why the calls suddenly started coming in so fast one after another that I don't even have the time to scoop up my rice from my lunchbox, not to mention putting the food into my mouth and chewing it!!!

Calls came flooding into our phone systems non-stop, starting from 8plus until about 12.30am continuously and I had to answer to the customer's queries with an empty stomach! Yet some stupid customers calls in to shout at us or command us to do things for them as if we were their slaves!!! Sometimes, it really makes me wonder why must these people call in at such a late time... don't they need to sleep??! ASSHOLES!!!

In the end, I only started eating my super cold Nasi Lemak around 1am.

Anyway, it seems that this gastric pain has happened a few times frequently. Either that, or I will get hungry very easily nowadays. I hope it is not going to affect me permanently. But I doubt so, bcoz as long as I am still working in this current job, it will definitely affect me due the daily irregular meal timings. Probably this is one of the consequence for working shift hours!!

No comments: