Friday, November 24, 2006

Unwritten Rules

I didn't know that there could be such things called unwritten rules in a workplace!!!

Just gotten my December schedule yesterday, the original copy shows that I only need to work 3 overnight shifts for the following 3 weeks, which is about the same as the rest of my colleagues...

Expectedly, the leave which I have blocked on the 27 November has been replaced by my off day... As I want and need to clear all my leaves before my 6 months contract ends, I walked over to the supervisor in charge of annual leaves to clarify with her on why didn't they replace another leave day for me since my leave has been replaced by an off day. She then told me that I have to carry forward my remaining untaken leaves to the next year!! WTF!!!

Last month, the scheduler did the same thing to my leave and was told by that same supervisor that she can inform the scheduler to let me clear my leave on the following day. Now she backed out on her words!!!!!!

I am not the only one who has been affected, but this has happened to me twice since they replaced my leave with off and then make me re-block it on another day and now they replaced it again with my off, telling us to carry forward our leaves to January!! So what if the leave quota is full, we are entitled to our annual leaves... In the dictionary, entitled means we are given the right by law!! Furthermore, we have already given the company ample notice beforehand on which days we want to block our leaves... and the supervisor has already given their approval and confirmation on our request... Now at the last minute, they just say carry forward and we must do as we were told!! WTF!!! Damn bloody assholes!!! They are not even giving us a choice!!

That is not all!! 5 minutes after looking at my schedule, I was called over my another supervisor to inform that they would need to change my schedule... And so they handle me (And yes, I am the only one!!) another copy of my December schedule with changes made, showing that I need to work 2 consecutive overnight shifts in a week!!!

Just bcoz I was on MC last Saturday and that this guy actually took over me to work for my overnight shift (in which I was not even informed that I cannot take MC for my overnight shift), I have to exchange one of my off-in-lieu (on a Saturday somemore) with that person's overnight shift, so called to be fair to him. But in the first place, I was never being informed on this previously. Neither did they tell me about the exchange when I went back to work after my MC... I think it's just up to the supervisors to make changes to the schedule based on likings and prejudice!!! Too bad, I can only blame it that I am new and so can be bullied bcoz I have no say in making decision or defending myself!!

And the reason made known to me now is that "It is an unwritten rule that we cannot take MC for night shifts!!!" -- Ya right!! Fuck the person who came up with this rule!!! This is just RUBBISH!!!!

If there's an unwritten rule, why aren't we informed about it?? Why wait till that guy who took over my shift to grumble about his own schedule, then they decide to make changes to my schedule to make him happy?? Why wasn't the exchange made on the original copy instead if there is such an unwritten rule existing??!

If they did the exchange to be fair to him, so who should be fair to me then?? I was on MC that's why I could not go to work... Not that I want to, but on the MC - it states clearly that I am not fit for duty from 17 to 18 November inclusive!!! Is that my fault?? In fact, I did not even ask that guy to take over me in the first place, who asked him to ge kiang?!! So if I were to exchange my shift with him, are they going to return me another day of medical leave?? Obviously not!! So why should I pay back an additional day of overnight shift??

It was this job that caused me to suffer from gastric - I was sick and needed to be on MC yet they can come up with such a ridiculous rule that does not allow employees to go on MC even when they are sick!! And when we have broke the rule unknowingly, this is the treatment we get from the management!! FUCK UP!!!

That's it... I'm quitting!! I had enough and cannot tolerate further!!! I should be tendering my resignation tonight (working overnight shift again)!! They better return me my untaken leaves and off-in-lieu by offsetting them against my 1 month's notice or compensate me in monetary terms!!!

*ANGRY!!!!!!* :<

No comments: