Thursday, November 23, 2006

Work Phobia...

I was on MC again today... The same thing happened at work last night... The call volume was unexpectedly high yesterday since I started work from 5pm till about 12plus at night... I had no time to eat, my 15mins break was partially taken up by a complaint call, had to do follow-ups on behalf of a colleague and call-backs (happened to be a complaint customer) given by my supervisor... I don't have time to do my own follow-ups which has been pending since the day I was supposed to be back at work after my block leave! I don't even have the time to clear my emails (which caused much irritation as I cannot send out my mails bcoz of that)!! I don't have time to take a rest and again, no time to eat my dinner... And supervisors kept rushing me to log in to answer calls when I was still unfinished with my paper work or keying in notes for the previous call!!!

You know how stressful and frustrating it is when I have so many things left undone yet I have to remember what I need to do for each call that I have answered... and eventually these tasks start accumulating when the calls keep coming in and I have to answer them without stopping to finish the undone tasks??!! And it is even more frustrating when I tried relating this situation to my parents to explain how busy and little time I have for myself to eat my dinner but everyone just kept telling me that I should blame myself for not planning my time properly, and not eating when I am supposed to eat... The thing is only people who are working in the same stressful environment as me would understand how little time we have for eating when the call volume is high!!! All I need is just some understanding!! And yes, I cannot take stress... so why can't they be more understanding and not blame everything on me!!

STRESS FROM WORK + STRESS FROM HOME = SUPER DUPER STRESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Till about 9.30pm, I told myself that I have to eat something and thus ate a few spoon full of my dinner. I was so afriad that my gastric would happen again, therefore I even brought my mother's home-made food to work... Unfortunately, I was already having a headache when I ate my food... At about 11pm, I was already feeling a little soft tired with body aches... I felt like going home but I was afriad that my supervisors might not like it and that I do not want to make my trip to the doctor as I was feeling really unwell and wanted to go straight home to rest (if I were to leave early by only a few hours, I would still have to produce MC so rather not), so I decided to stay till the end of my shifts at 1am. Eventually after answering to all the calls with similar interest charge and late charge waiver requests, it kind of made my headache worst. At about 12plus I started feeling warm and cold at times... I knew it was coming... Went to the toilet to puke... Burp for the first time, and then vomitted the foamy transparent liquid which tasted so damn bitter!!!

I came back to my workstation and told my night shift colleague seated next to me that I am not feeling well, she then told me to log out and stop answering calls. Anyway, I was then feeling too restless and giddy to answer more calls, so I unofficially logged out even though the board was still red (as in the call volume was still very high)...

I felt as if my whole body has no strength and cannot even walk straight... Suddenly that uncomfortable feeling came again and I had to move slowly to the toilet to puke again... this time I vomitted the rice which I have eaten earlier on... and more... The similar bitter taste stayed in my mouth... Yucks!!

By then it was 1am, I could have knocked off yet I cannot go as I have unfinished follow-ups to do... I still need to clear my mails in order to send an email to the customer's personal banker as the stupid customer demanded that I get someone to resolve his problem and call him back by noon on the next day!!

Luckily, my colleague was kind enough to help me with the clearing of my mails and even took over my follow-ups as she was working overnight shift. Meanwhile, I called Deardear to come and pick me as I was afraid that I cannot manage to go home myself... Sorry for troubling him to come all the way to my office by cab to accompany me home!!

Felt a little better after vomitting though, and really pampered and well taken care by him once he was by my side!!! Especially when he helped me to wash up my ricebox with the food left uneaten, fed me to drink the 3-in1 nestum while I rest in bed and even waited for me to finish showering so that I could go to bed then he went back home!! It was almost 3am then!! So sweet of him!!! =)

Anyway, I went to see the doctor today... He said that I need to take the gastric medicine for another few days... And in order to prevent my gastric from happening, I must try not to be too stress and must take my meals on time!! Ya right... I think it's quite hard for me to fulfil these 2 things...

In fact, I have a phobia to go back to work now as I am afraid that this same sickness will occur again. I really hope that the call volume will not be so high when I go back to work.

No comments: