Friday, December 01, 2006

Now The Question: To Quit Or To Request For Transfer?

2 days ago, I've decided to approach T to help me in uplifting customer's account although I could approach any other supervisors around. Was thinking that there's no point to ignore him further - no matter what he's a supervisor, so that will be to my disadvantage as I will still need him to help me in solving certain customer's issue... And also, I have to work another 2 overnight shifts with him, so it's not very nice to remain cold to him when somehow or rather I need his assistance.

In any case, I chose to speak to him like nothing happened and then he then spoke to me like nothing happened too... but in fact, I think nothing really happen in the first place mah!! Maybe it was just the sensitive me thinking that he ignored me bcoz of the sms I msged him previously.

Was scheduled to go for my dinner with Claryse and January at 4pm 2days ago, and with Joanne at 5pm yesterday. Can you imagine going for your dinner at 4pm when we start work at 2pm?? I think it's more like eating super late lunch!!

While we were walking back to the office from Koufu after our super late lunch, January was asking about the effectiveness of having the VOE thingy... All of a sudden, we saw our director at the money changer about 1 metre away from us... Hahaa!! The 3 of us immediately kept quiet for a moment!! That was so silly!! Wondered if our director heard us?? Hope not!!

Yesterday, T also joined Joanne and I for dinner! He then told me that they cannot use my untaken leave and off-in-lieu to offset my notice period and that they will compensate me in monetary terms!!! That means I need to work on Christmas day!!! Irritating!!! We were then talking over dinner about the difference in times when the very early batch of colleagues could stay with the department for 3-4 years while now the newer batches would leave within a very short timeframe...

Then the conversation led to people leaving the company and then finding a job in another bank and then promoting and getting a higher salary than those who continued to stay in the current department... Also some have requested for transfer to another departments...

So I just casually asked if I could request for a transfer without fulfilling the 2 years tenure with the company. Apparently he said yes. He then said it's still not too late to request for a transfer as my resignation letter is still with him! And said that he can show me where to view the job vacancies through the intranet.

While I was working last night around 10plus when the board was red... He suddenly asked why I didn't refill my tumbler and asked me to go refill water with him... I sensed that he must have a motive in asking me to go refill water with him coz that was so rare and furthermore the board was red, SO RED!! On normal case, how could he ask me to log out when the board is so red??!

Ok, so I went with him... He then said L (not the one from the movie "death note" k. Hahaa!!), my head of department, wants to speak to me today... I figured he must have told her that I asked on transfer and so I asked him why she wanted to speak to me. Yes and I was right! He told me to go home and think about whether I want to transfer to which field... However, if I want to request for a transfer, I might need to stay in my current department till January or February next year!! Anyway, I will need to see what L have to say then.

Have been pondering about the question since last night till now and still I have no conclusion. Today he even sms to remind me to call L. But when I called her she wasn't around. So I guessed I have the weekend to think about it.

I feel so lethargic now... still need to work overnight shift again tonight! I think I am going to complain about having to work on overnight shifts for the next few weeks!! Bear with me... Hehee...

No comments: