Monday, November 06, 2006

A Tribute To An-ne

I was woken up by a missed call in the morning on 4th November 2006. After clicking to the missed call screen on my phone, realized it was Teck Guan who called me... I was then wondering why a sudden call from him... The next thing I saw was a message from Sulynn to inform me of An-ne's sudden death...

An-ne Teo, my poly classmate and project-mate has passed away on 4th November 2006. The news was so sudden when I received the sms message... Immediately I call Teck Guan back to ask on what had happened.

I was told that An-ne passed out all of a sudden at the car park near her void-deck after going out with her friends on Friday night. And her sis was unable to wake up then, and so she was sent to the hospital. The next thing they knew is that the doctor has announced her dead.

A friend of mine is gone just like that... Thinking back to the days we used to share in school, I remember her to be a very cheerful and funny gal. She likes to act as ah lian and enjoys going clubbing. We all knew that she did not have a very good health as she used to suffer from hypertension but still she continued smoking!! She used to be a very blur gal too, who often lost her way before and after meeting us for outings. She was so blur that when we did our projects with her, we find her irritating and treated her as a free-rider for not doing her work correctly bcoz Teck Guan, Jasmine and I always had to re-do her part of report writing for her!! (Abit like PL) Back then, we even went to the extent to report that incident to our lecturer-in-charge. Later I did feel bad as she doesn't even blame us for reporting her and asking her to leave the group. Despite all the unhappiness we brought to her, she still treated us as friends. Every now and then, she even sent me cute smses just to keep in touch. But I always did not reply back... Sigh... it's too late for me to even say a word of sorry to her now. =S

It's always like that... we always regret things only after the person is no longer around... which reminds me for not spending time with my grandma when she was very ill then but only regret for not doing so after she left us.

In fact, between 4 to 5am on 4th November, I was still awake surfing the net as I am not used to sleeping early now... All of a sudden, I felt a very mild cool breeze which blew towards my direction. My immediate reaction was to look at my windows and then my fan - my windows were all closed and my fan was blowing towards the direction behind me... sooo... where did the cool breeze came from?? I told myself that it could have been blown in from my balcony.

On the next morning when I found out on An-ne's death... I started to think otherwise about the cool breeze... Could it be her who had came to bid farewell to me??

Well, even if it was... I just wanna say sorry for the past happenings and goodbye. We will always remember you...

No comments: