Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Thai Accent @ VivoCity

Last Saturday, Deardear and I accompanied my parents to VivoCity as my parents allowed us to borrow the car. Thus, we followed them there as my mama wanted to go there to shop.

Initially, I thought we could follow them to VivoCity as my dad was driving, then passed the car to Deardear at VivoCity. However, by the time we reached VivoCity, it was already about 7 to 8plus... Furthermore, we were famished so decided to juz stay VivoCity to have our dinner.



At first, we wanted to eat at Sushi Tei but the queue was super long!! So we decided to eat at this Thai restaurant called Thai Accent since there was no queue. We were seated at the side, where there were cushions placed on the long stretch of bench. Deardear ordered a clear base tom yam soup and mixed appetizer to share, a minced beef/pork rice with begon leaves and egg for himself and a cup of Thai ice tea. As for me, I was choosing between my favorite Phat Thai noodle and the Bangkok naked duck (both of us were assuming that the duck dish was a main dish coz we saw the words "with deep fried rice noodles"!!) Since I have always been eating Phat Thai, so I ordered the naked duck... only to find out that it was a dish by itself when the waitress served us our food!!! We did not see any noodles but there was deep fried vermicelli under the deep fried boneless ducks... SO IT WASN'T A MAIN DISH AT ALL, BUT A SIDE DISH!!! AHAHAHAAA!! That was so dumb!!!

In the end, Deardear splited half his share of rice with minced beef/pork with me as there were more than enough side dishes to go with our rice! I must say their Thai ice tea is good!! And it was unique to see them served it in the glass with the thick brown sugar syrup layered at the bottom, followed by the milk and then the tea layered on top of one after the other... coz most Thai ice tea served in places like Thai Express or Simply Thai are normally already mixed well before serving. But here at Thai Accent, we can mixed the 3 layers ourselves.




Although we were already very full after the main course, we still ordered dessert - mango sticky rice served with coconut milk. It's not bad lah, but not fantastic!

Oh yah, there was this cute waitress who speaks with a weird accent who served us... Made us wondered if they actually hired all Thai waiters and waitresses there. Later Deardear asked her and realized that she is a Vietnamese studying in NUS.

After dinner, Deardear and I went to Toys 'R' Us as I wanted to go and buy somemore Sanrio mini toy egg machines... Unfortunately, all the machines were empty!!! Sigh...

By then, all the shops were closing... the only shop which was still opened was Forever 21. Within the short 20mins, I managed to buy 3 tops from there! Hehee! =P

After that, we met up with my parents again to send them home.

No comments: