Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Phantom Of The Opera @ The Esplanade

Deardear brought me to The Esplanade to watch The Phantom of the Opera today!! Hehee! He actually bought the tickets 2 weeks ago online...


It's my first time watching a musical at The Esplanade... All along, I have this perception that people going to watch a play must be dressed up nicely - as in ladies in dress and gentlemen in more formal or semi-formal wear! But Deardear told me that there's no specific dresscode for such occasions... However, what I noticed today is that most of the audiences are nicely dressed up! Good thing I wore a dress today - totally appropriate to blend in with the rest! Kekeke... It's the new dress which I bought from Yahoo Auction recently!

Since it was my first time in the Esplanade Theatre, I tried to take pictures inside although photography is not permitted!! Deardear and I tried taking pictures tactfully by not switching on the flash... until Dear accidentally switched on the flash on the camera and took a super kok photo of us (himself)!! Ahahaaaa!! Then I saw eyes looking at us from one of the ushers. So I quickly kept my camera after that.


Overall, the performance was splendid but there were a few parts where I felt alittle sleepy and wanted to yawn... but I dared not and had to control yawning with my mouth closed!! Hahaa! I think it was due to the dryness of my eyes coz I was wearing my contacts.

The very beginning part of the play actually gave me goosebumps!! Coz I felt kinda scared when they switched off all the lights and played the overture music so loudly with the flash lights flickering while they raised the chandelier... I was then wondering if the phantom will appear suddenly from no where... But he didn't la... hehee...

There were also certain parts which made me very curious!! I wondered how did they make the candles disappeared into the ground when there are no holes on the stage (maybe too small to see)... And there's a part where Christine and the phantom was on the ground level, but they could suddenly appeared on the much higher platform slope within the next 1 second!! Are there 2 different actors acting for the characters of Christine and the phantom each?? Then the last part where the phantom disappeared after he covered himself with a cloth while sitting on the chair was like some kind of magic show!!! Wonder how they did all these???

The ending was kinda sad when the phantom told Christine to leave with Raoul... Felt sorry for the phantom... zhen ke lian... But anyway, the phantom got the loudest applauses from the audiences!!

After the performance, we tried taking pictures inside the theatre again but all of them turned out to be blurred!!! This was the best among the 3 pictures we took before the ushers chased us out! I looked as if I am vanishing in the photo - ghost of the opera!!! Kekeke...


As usual, just like after Jolin's concert... everyone rushed out to take picture with The Phantom of the Opera poster after the play ended!! Having experience of such situation, Deardear and I went for dinner first at Makansutra, then made our way back to take pictures with the poster!! When we went back, we had the poster all to ourselves... so we could take as many pictures as we want!! Hee!

No comments: