Saturday, March 11, 2006

How Do You Define Casual Wear??

Yesterday was my 3rd day of work... It's a Friday, a day when casual wears are allowed in the office. In fact, in MediaCorp... I was told that casual wears are allowed everyday bcoz it is a creative company. Furthermore, I see people wearing fancy dresses, trendy wears, jeans, denim skirts, spagetti straps, etc. During lunch on Thursday, I even saw a secretary of one of the CEOs wearing jeans and tight spagetti straps. Thus, I was actually looking forward to Friday bcoz I could finally wear my normal clothings to work!!

So I wore my 3/4 pants (Angis told me that 3/4 pants is allowed on Friday), my usual white racerback from Mango and my Adidas shoes... and brought my FOX jacket (the black and white one) along. Happily travelling to work so casually and feeling so at ease walking with my Adidas shoes... (I HATE wearing heels!!!!!!)

The moment I stepped into the HR room, I saw Jane talking on the phone. Upon ending her call, she greeted me good morning and immediately asked me into her room! I sort of guessed what she would say lor... coz the first thing she commented was that "Wah, you look very sporty today!"... The she started her "!@#$%!@#$%!@#$%!@#$%!@#$% ... blah blah blah..." She said my attire is too sporty and not accepted in the company bcoz we (MediaCorp Technologies) are not a creative company so we cannot wear until like this. She also said "As a HR personnel, we should dress decently... if not, others might say that the HR personnel is not setting a good example to the employees." Then she immediately reached for her jacket, which is hanging at the back of her chair and wanted me to put it on. She then said "Quickly wear this over to cover up yourself!"

"FUCK YOU LAH!!" immediately appeared in my mind... yet I cannot say it but to smile back to her and tell her... "Ok. It's ok, I brought my own jacket." She then said ok and asked me to put it on now.

So I went out and wore my jacket over then continued to do my things... Not long after, she walked out and saw me in my jacket... then she commented again " Wah, I just realized that your jacket is also so sporty!!"

"Are you going for some games after work?" she asked. So I said no.... Then she asked again "Then why did you wear until so sporty today?"

And I replied "Bcoz I thought we are allowed to wear casual on Fridays!"

So she said "But your attire is too sporty already, this is not considered as casual."

I wanted to tell her that Angis actually told me that 3/4 pants are allowed to be worn on Fridays... but decided not to say it coz I think it won't be nice to Angis... (Angis was on leave yesterday)... I mean it's not nice to like say something about Angis when she is not around, seems as if I am pushing the blame to Angis like that mah. So instead I replied "Bcoz my mentality of casual includes sporty wear!"

Maybe I should have tell her this "So you call this sporty??? You still have not seen what is sporty to me!! Wait till you see my tennis wears! Those are then called sporty!" And I really felt like telling her off "Wearing something sporty is at least better than wearing something reveiling wat! Stupid old hag! So old fashion!!!"

No comments: