Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Interviews that Wasted My Time...

Went for 2 job interviews yesterday... one was in the morning near Upper Paya Lebar and the other at 4pm in town area. Somehow I think it's such a waste of my time. 3 things happened during the 1st interview...

My 1st Encounter
My cab turned into the building and bypassed the security post to let me alight outside the reception area. I immediately walked to the receptionist and told her that I was here for an interview. So she asked me "You didn't get a pass from the security juz now izzit??" So I replied " No, I din." She then told me with a stern look on her face "Can you go take one now?" I was then thinking "Take then take lah, so fierce for wat?!"

My 2nd Encounter
So I walked out to the security post and handled the security my identity card in exchange for a visitor's pass. Then I came across this man who was standing outside the security post chit-chatting with the security who then asked me "You are so in a hurry ah??... Can't even stop awhile juz now ah?" I then smiled at him and said "Yah." But I was thinking "The security also din stop the cab juz now, then now you said I'm in a hurry??! Siao!! Furthermore, whether I'm in a hurry or not, that's none of your business loh!!"

My 3rd Encounter
During the interview, I asked the interviewer when would I know if I'm shortlisted... she then told me that she is not in a hurry to employ this person, so I might need to wait for a period of 3 weeks to a month to know if I'm shortlisted. In my mind I was thinking... "Siao!! So long!!! Who wanna wait so long???" During those interviews which I have attended before the CNY, the interviewers told me that they would call me up for a 2nd interview within the next 2 weeks time. And that I already thought was long enough... This one needs me to wait 3 weeks to 1 month... "Wa kua li si siao!!!" But then again, I think after a month I may still be unemployed. Hahaa!!

All the people in this company seems so weird. Anyway, this is not the reason why I thought going for the interview was a waste of time. The reason was partly due to my own fault bcoz I was not prepared that the interviewer would ask me questions to test my HR knowledge. I took some time to think of what to say and I could tell that the interviewer was not very satisfied with my reply. That's why I think there goes the job opportunity down the drain.... This taught me a lesson for taking the interview for granted.

After the 1st interview, I went to meet Dear for lunch at a coffeeshop near his place. Then we went to town together. He went to work and I went shopping at Far East Plaza. I was thinking to go for manicure so my nails could be in a better shape. I then walked into this manicure shop on level 3 bcoz I was attracted by the promotion signage placed outside the shop, which states $9.90 for Express Manicure. And I told the person that I would like to do the $9.90 express manicure. She then told me that express manicure only includes shaping of nails plus putting on the polish. Yup, that was juz what I wanted!

So... here goes my nails... from this length:

To this length:


Okie, they have to cut my nails shorter in order to shape them into the squarish tips. I sort of regretted it slightly bcoz my nails are so short again!!! Now I need to wait for them to grow longer again... Sigh... How long must I wait?? Think I can wait until the interviewer calls me for 2nd interview now... which is like 1 month later?? Hahaa... In reality, my nails look much shorter to me, but dunno why it doesn't seems like there's much of a difference on the pics.

After the manicure was done, I headed down to Suntec for my 2nd interview of the day. This interview was much more clear cut than the one I went to in the morning. Apparently, it started with me introducing myself and talking about my past work experiences. Then the interviewer went straight to the point to tell me about the job scope of the position and went on to ask if I have any questions. So I asked the same old question again. Hehee... At least this time the reply was what I was expecting to hear... she said she would inform me by end of this week if I were to be shortlisted for a 2nd interview. And that led to the end of the interview. The interviewer din even ask me things like how my skills learnt from past working experiences could help me in this position, etc. I simply think that the chances of getting the job is not high whenever the interview ends too fast bcoz it seems too simple. And it also seems as if the interviewer was not interested in interviewing further. Think this was another interview which wasted my time.

No comments: