Thursday, February 19, 2009

New Job, Same Company...

There's some problems with the internet connection on my lappie recently... sometimes the IE is able to function normally, but sometimes the page juz doesn't seems to load although it says connecting... Wonder what's the problem with it?? Probably bcoz it is getting old and has insufficient memory already...

Anyway, juz on Monday, I was being approached by my AVP to ask if I am keen on permanently transferring to one of the Account Services unit called Internet Banking/Service Desk. It is still an operational job under credit ops, but now this job deals with internet banking transactions and requests. Hmmm... at first, I thought it sounded quite interesting to me. But after a brief explanation, it doesn't seems as interesting as I thought. Since I have always been complaining about my job, I have decided to go for it after considering over it for one night. And so I submitted my name to my boss for the transfer on Tuesday morning.

Never did I expect her to come back to me to say that my request has been approved on that very same day and I will be moving on to the new department on next Monday!!! Diaoz... Although I may be keen on the transfer but this is too fast for me to accept it. From that moment, I started to have mixed feelings! Many things started to run through my mind, making me doubt myself whether I am regretting on accepting the transfer now!!

I am starting to feel scared and insecure... scared of loneliness in the new department, and having to adapt to a whole new environment and new colleagues all over again!! I am starting to miss my current colleagues although I have always been complaining about some of them... I am worried about the new boss that I will need to work with!!! Moreover, everything seems to be so unconfirmed and uncertain, except for the info that I will be reporting to the new department on the lower storey on next Monday. I am still unsure about the new job scope, who I am reporting to and whether I will be able to get a good work station location in the new office... I mean I dun wanna be sitting near or opposite my direct supervisor again just like now!! Hehee...

So fast, tomorrow will be the last day that I will be working in my current department... Feels kinda happy yet sad... Happy bcoz I don't need to do the same things that I have been doing for the last 1.5 years after tomorrow, but sad that I will not be able to mix around with my current groups of colleagues already.

Somehow, I have this bad feeling about my transfer. I kinda feel that the job description conveyed to me might not be what I will be doing after I report to the new department... bcoz... before I agreed to take on the new role, my AVP kept saying that the department is called IB which means Internet Banking, but after I have accepted the 'verbal' confirmation on the transfer, the department name used in the email sent out seems to have changed to Service Desk!! Wonder if it is actually a scam to make people want to transfer out so that they can reduce the headcount in my current unit...

Anyway, tomorrow my unit will be holding a farewell lunch for us (Actually still got Vanessa and Su also transferring out - Vanessa will be with me but she will transfer over 1 week later than me and Su is still unconfirmed on the department that she will be going to)... Why is everything happening so fast?????? Now that I feel like staying on instead... but I think it is too late. But if I have a choice to stay on now, then I think I will soon start to complain about my current job again... Hehee... But then again, even before transferring over, I already have doubts about the new job. Sigh... That's me... Forever undecisive and not easily unsatisfied! =P

If I can get to be transferred out successfully, please wish me luck to have a good boss, nice colleagues and to sit at a good work station location! Heehee!

No comments: