Sunday, February 01, 2009

First Day of CNY

The first day of CNY has always been the same for my family every year... We will always start off the day with a visit to the chinese temple at Telok Blangah for prayers as this is the temple which my family has always been to each year since young when we were staying at Telok Blangah Drive. The only difference from this year onwards is that my brother no longer travel with us for visiting, coz now he is married and so he drives a separate car together with his wife. That makes me a little bored during the travelling journey bcoz my brother is not in the car to entertain me with his crap! =(

After visiting the temple, we will then visit my eldest auntie's family who stays at Telok Blangah Heights. That is always our first stop where all my relatives meet and we, the unmarried cousins, nieces and nephews collect our many many ang pows! This is also where we always take our cousins group photo every year.

In this year's group photo, there's someone new... and that is my brother's wife, my sister-in-law... My brother informed us that we were not allowed to post the photo on Facebook coz he and his wife doesn't like it! But who cares?! I am still gonna post it here bcoz they don't know. Hahaa... =P


Actually we only have 3 places to visit on the first day. So after the first stop, we will proceed to Toh Tuck that side to visit my granduncle's family... then the third stop is to visit my grandaunt's family who stays at Bedok Reservoir. Both of these families are considered extended relatives and I only get to see them once a year. I think I cannot even recognize some of them if I see them on the streets. Hehee...

From Bedok, my relatives will then gather at my place for dinner. That's when Deardear came over to visit my family and to meet my relatives. Unfortunately my brother is not around to be the banker this time, so we did not gamble on the first day. Instead one of my cousins suggested playing Taboo so I told Deardear to bring the game over... Had lots of fun playing it this time bcoz my cousins were super funny in describing and guessing the words! Too bad 2 of my uncles were feeling tired after the whole day and wanted to leave around 10plus... and so my first day of CNY ended just like that.

No comments: