Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Anniversary and Valentine's Day 2009

Deardear celebrated Valentine's Day with me 1 day in advance, on our 4 years and 1 month anniversary. Once again, this is bcoz he has to work on 14th February.

First, we went to East Coast Road to eat the $10 jumbo prawn noodles for our lunch... and then we went to Queensway Shopping Centre to buy my running shoes.

Before we left for East Coast, I gave Deardear his Valentine's day card and present, and insisted that he open the present before he drive off. Heehee... Surprise for him!!! Eh... I actually bought a trucker cap and a leather wristband from Ed Hardy for him and I am so glad that he likes the card and the presents! Hee!! When I went to shop for Deardear's presents at Ed Hardy, I also bought 2 other caps for myself! =P

After opening his presents, Deardear told me to open the presents that he has bought for me but I told him I will prefer to open it later. And so we went off to East Coast Road to try our luck bcoz it was already 3 plus and we were wondering if they were going to close soon. Luckily, when we reached there, it was still open. And so we managed to cure my craving for the big prawn noodles and the ngoh hiang!

After a late and fulfilling lunch meal, we proceeded to Queensway to buy my shoes. As mentioned previously, I have been putting on alot of weight recently, so I will need to buy a pair of running shoes to go running at the gym or go running with Deardear. Deardear also bought his tennis shoes at Queensway.

I somehow did not like all of the running shoes that were sold on display... The colours are either too boyish to me or I did not like the combinations of colours with the pink on the shoes... I prefer those from the Nikewomen range that are used for training, dancing, yoga and aerobics coz they look more girlish to me. But Deardear insisted that I cannot buy those coz they are not meant for running... So, I ended up buying a white pair meant for running from Nike that has a pink swoosh logo. However, it is not one that I really like very much but bought it juz for the sick that I needed it.

After purchasing our shoes, we proceeded to VivoCity Pull and Bear to collect a pair of 3/4 pants which I reserved on the previous day. And when I reached there, I ended up spending more than what I should (as usual). While I was making my payment, Deardear said that he met Peter outside one of the shops... And he told me that Peter was waiting for Meiye... So qiao!! Anyway, after that we also went to the National Geographic store to take a look... Some of the things are quite interesting but I hated the section that has lots of frog posters!!! I think they look gross and yucky!!! I hate frogs and toads!!! Yeeee!!!!!

Enough of seeing gross things, I prefer going to see cute things in Sanrio!!! Hehee... Oh, I knew Deardear gave me some thing from Sanrio coz his presents were wrapped in the Sanrio wrapper and placed in the Sanrio paperbag!! I suspected that he bought me something from Tokidoki for Hello Kitty but just wondering what it would be. Ok, so before I went to Sanrio, Deardear bought a drink from Coffeebean so that he could enjoy his drink while I spent my time in Sanrio... Hahaa...

And after shopping at Sanrio, Deardear suggested going to town for awhile before we go for our dinner. I had no idea where he is bringing me for dinner coz I wanted it to be a surprise. And so we slowly walked back to the carpark. When I looked at my watch, it was 7plus already! So fast... It's dark... When we got back to the car, I decided to open my present this time. Tadah, I was right!! Deardear bought me the Donutella with Adios and Ciaociao mirror that I wanted so much when I first saw it at Takashimaya Sanrio the other day and also the cute Donutella toy figure!! I am SOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!! Hehehehehe!!! I LOVE IT SOOSOOSOOSOOOO MUCH!!!!!! v(^.^)V

Alright, so after surprising each other with our presents, what's next? Deardear drove to Orchard and we went to Paragon coz he wanted to see if there are new arrivals in G-Star... While in G-star, guess who we met this time? We met Eileen! Hahaaa... We met 2 friends on the same day.

We spent some time walking along Orchard Road and initially wanted to buy tickets to catch a movie after dinner... But I preferred not to watch movie that night coz we can always watch a movie on any other days.

As time passed, it was almost 9.15pm. Deardear has pushed the reservation for dinner to 9.30pm since we had a late lunch in the afternoon. So he drove me to the place for dinner... On our way there, I kept making guesses on the place that he was going to bring me to... After several wrong and silly guesses, I managed to guess the place correctly!! Hehee...

He bought me to Cicada at Portsdown Road. I managed to guess it bcoz he once drove me to that place and we passed by it. At that time, we had some difficulty looking for it coz that place seems quite dark and secluded last time.


When we reached there, there were many couples dining there. Almost every table was sat with a couple. The ambience is very quiet and romantic wor!! As for our food, we ordered lobster bisque and seafood salad with mango as our starters, I ordered tenderloin steak and Deardear ordered lamb steak for our mains and lastly, profiteroles for our desserts!! Everything was nice except the dessert which I think is not special enough. And I also did not really like the mocktail that I ordered... they called it the Candy Floss... which tasted like the cocktail called Snowball but tasted quite bland. It would have taste better if it was sweeter.


We took out time to eat until the restaurant closed at 12pm. Then we went to Millenia Walk which was our first dating place to relive our memories!! Ahahaaa!! It was so fun to go back to the place we first dated... But stupidly, we kept smelling breezes of cowdung after we sat there for awhile!!! But we were not able to find any cowdung near us. We wondered where the smell came from??! Kekeke!!! Anyway, the 'bah-wu' spoils the atmosphere!!! And so we decided to leave and head home once we started to smell the stinky air constantly between the short intervals of fresh air. Hahaaa...


No comments: