Thursday, February 05, 2009

Chingay Heartland Parade 2009


My neighbourhood was one of the stations for the Chingay Heartland event held this year on last Sunday . I think it's so cool to look at the Chingay floats passby my block directly from my kitchen window! My parents actually went downstairs to catch them upclose and personal! Hahaa...

At first, I didn't believe it when my dad told me that the floats will passby our place along Rosyth Primary School... only till I came online to check out the Chingay website then I read about it. At that time it was already 9.15pm... Channel 8was simultaneously broadcasting the parade which was held along Padang on either Friday or Saturday...

After reading the website, I ran to the kitchen window several times to look down onto the roads... All I saw was many kids sitting at the bus-stop. I was wondering if those kids were waiting to take a bus or waiting to watch the floats... I stood at the window and waited for quite awhile, but there's nothing but ordinary vehicles travelling on the road... There was also no road block. So I came back to read the website again, just to reconfirm if there are really going to be floats passing by...

On the website, it states that the performance should be between 8.30 to 9.25pm. By then, it was almost 9.30pm... I started to wonder if I have missed it. But how about the kids downstairs?? What are they waiting for?? I pondered about it... Then suddenly I saw 2 traffic polices rode past. This time I confirmed that the floats are coming... so I alerted my parents and standby my camera with me...

My mum was fast!! The moment I got my camera ready and was standing at the window, I saw my mum downstairs already... Few minutes later while still waiting, my dad also went down.

Waiting and waiting... then I finally saw bright lights shining on the road... and heard some music... Yeah!! That was so exciting! I don't know why but it reminded me of the Hong Kong Disneyland Water Parade - that wonderland feeling! Hee!




No comments: