Friday, December 29, 2006

The Cause of A Great Deal...

Anyway, yesterday was my first day being jobless... Just feel like slacking and doing the things I like. Met up with Dear yesterday since he was off. But before I went to meet him, I was meddling with my new laptop!! Hehee!! Yeah, I've a new laptop as my "christmas present" from my dad! Not really a present lah... was in fact the free gift for the Starhub promo whereby we get a free laptop when we renew our MaxOnline subscription for 28 months by upgrading the plan.


I think the laptop looks quite sleek... I like it!! Too bad we don't have a choice to choose the colour... Coz I prefer the white one as I previously saw the white one at Millenia Walk Harvey Norman...

I was surfing the net awhile ago and found out that people who have signed up on this same promo were fumed when they found out there was a discrepancy between the specifications printed on the computer boxes and those of the actual computers distributed.

According to the article, it states that when consumers got the machines, they found that one part was different from what had been advertised. Promotional materials had promised that the laptops would have an Intel wireless LAN (local area network) adapter to connect to the Internet, but what they got was Broadcom, a different brand.

The boxes containing the computers indicated that a Centrino-based Intel Pro/Wireless LAN adapter was installed. But they had Broadcom wireless LAN adapters inside. According to specifications provided by Intel, computers certified as having Intel Centrino Duo mobile technology must include an Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG network connection. The computers issued to StarHub customers did not meet that condition because they did not have the correct wireless LAN adapter installed.

Now I then realized that the wireless LAN adapter installed on my laptop is also Broadcom and not Intel wireless LAN... No wonder these laptops are free for the promo!! Chey!!

No comments: