Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Recently Watched Movies

Went to watch the movie '300' on last Saturday with Dear, Fang and Corinne... almost fell asleep before the war started... bloody and violent movie is definitely not my cup of tea!! I think war movies, be it if it was those like 'Black Hawk Down', 'Letters From Iwo Jima' or '300', they just simply put me to sleep... dunno why...

As for the movie '300', all I see is Spartan men with very chunky bodies but only 1 handsome guy whose head was chopped off (such a pity!!), many naked women, ugly creatures and lots of animated blood splashing everywhere!! It's amazed that after all the killing, the Spartans still look so clean on their bodies!!! Oh yah, the Ephialtes looked like the creature from 'Lord of the Ring', the one that always said "my precious..." but now the grown-up version in '300'. And the Persian king reminds me of Dhalsim from Street Fighter...

Not much to comment about the story of the movie coz it didn't leave much of an impression on me except for the fact that Spartans' spirit of fighting was to fight till the end eventhough they know they cannot win.

Think I still prefer love stories like 'Music and Lyrics' with a little comedy... It's another movie like 'Step Up' whereby a guy got to know a gal to collaborate on some stuff and then they fell in love with each other!!

Just watched the movie with Dear last night... Love both the songs sung by Hugh Grant in it - "Pop! Goes My Heart" and "Way Back Into Love"... Was almost fooled by the music video at the start of the movie, thinking that there was really a boyband named 'Pop!' in the 80s!! Hahaa!!

By the way, that gal named Cora Corman (Haley Bennett) who sung the song "Way Back Into Love" with Hugh Grant kinda reminds me of Jolin... though she seems eccentric and a little slutty in the movie, I think she's quite sweet-looking!!

As for how Hugh Grant gradually fell in love with Drew Barrymore, I shall not mention it here... Go catch the movie if you wana know...

But here's the fake music video from the 80s by 'Pop!'!!


And another music video by Go West singing "King of Wishful Thinking"... This has nothing to do with the movie, just that I think it has the same cheesy effect! Look at the way the singer is dancing... Ahahaa!!


Then, of coz not forgetting the love song which kept ringing in my head after the movie!



No comments: