Thursday, September 28, 2006

Feeling Lost and Confused Once Again...

Had a talk with my UM 2 days ago... Just after she explained to Charmaine and I about our remuneration package, schedule, how to process our claims and block leaves when we go into our shift work, I told her that I thought of leaving the job. Although I may not be prepared to really leave this current job, I feel so demoralized after seeing my schedule that I just want to quit my job immediately before I start my shift.

Actually before I told my UM that I feel like quitting bcoz I think I am slow in learning and I do not like the shift hours scheduled for me, she already figured out what I wanted to tell her. I kinda already expected her reply as well! What else can she say but to tell me not to give up so fast and not to take it that every month's schedule would be the same, as they will be rotating the weekend off on a monthly basis instead of weekly basis. She kept emphasizing that this job is not a bed of roses thus I need to give myself more time to learn and pick up the necessary skills and knowledge... and that I could work things out regarding the shift hours... so I should not give up so easily...

The problem here is that I was only using the 'slow in learning' as an excuse to quit the job. My main concern is about the shift hours - NO WEEKEND OFF AT ALL IN ONE WHOLE MONTH!!!!!! Since the rotation is on a monthly basis... How many months must I wait in order to wait till my turn to go on a weekend off??

By the way, I went for an interview just now at P-Serv for the post of Recruitment Executive... Was just a casual interview with the HR assistant. I was told that there will be a 2nd interview with the Sales Manager and another person who I forgot, if I am shortlisted for the post. Actually, I went for the interview just to see how the job and salary is like... Unfortunately, the interviewer was not able to tell me anything about the salary range of the position but told me to ask during the 2nd interview if I am shortlisted. Somehow, I don't know why but to think that they surely can't pay me up to the current salary which I am drawing now!! Hahaa!! The interviewer even asked me why is it that I will state such a low amount for my expected salary as compared to my current drawn salary... In my mind, I was thinking: "Bcoz I don't think you can pay me that high lah!!" Kekeke...

Anyway, after attending the interview, I somehow don't feel like quitting my current job already bcoz I suddenly thought of the the things I need to go thru again if I take up a new job... such as new products, skills and knowledge that I would need to learn again in the new job and need to strive hard so as to hit sales targets in order to earn the commission... So why not just stick to this current job when I am already half-way (or more like 1/4 way) there on my learning path and still drawing a much higher salary. Right?!

Then again, there is always a BUT!! But... thinking about the unhelpful shift supervisors and selfish colleagues whom I need to face in my current job everyday, the shift working hours, no weekend off, cannot meet Dear and friends, etc. etc... I feel like quitting again!!! Hahaa!! As usual, it's me lor... THE ALWAYS UNDECISIVE, PESSIMISTIC AND CONFUSED ME!!! =P

No comments: