Sunday, July 02, 2006

Information Overloaded!!!

After one week of training at work, I already feel like quitting my job. In fact, I have the feeling of giving up since my second day of work coz I had to sit for a test on my third day of work. And that I only had the night before to study for it!! Passing weightage = 80%!!! If we cannot pass this percentage, we would have to sit for a re-test.

Well, I thought I would probably get only 10-20%... but I scored 67%! Still, I have to re-test coz it is lesser than 80%! Sianz...

Tomorrow, we are going to have another test, not the re-test though... but another test on somemore product knowledge!! I have already read through the notes juz now, but seems like nothing went into my head. I guess I would not be able to survive long in this company! I am very stress on these few days... stressed by all the calculations and product informations that I have to learn within a short time frame and also in a very fast-paced learning environment, partly due to the pple that are in my training class (as majority of them are fast learners, while I am a slow learner and I hate Maths!!!)

Furthermore, like I have mentioned in my previous entry, I am not a very sociable person. If not that I have got to know a slightly like-minded colleague, Charmaine, who is also from RMIT Uni/SIM (same course, same specialization but graduated one batch after me), I think I might have simply gave up and not even go for training on my second day.

The rest of my colleagues from my training class are all ang moh speaking people!! And some of them even speak with an accent. Therefore I cannot really click with them coz I feel inferior speaking to them with my broken english or singlish... which makes me feel quite outcasted in the class.

Another thing I cannot tolerate is that the people working there are mostly so cocky. They all have that stuck up look on their face and enjoy looking at us from head to toes!! When I was introduced to one of the supervisors... she actually diao me in the face after giving me a fake smile!!

Sigh... the things I mentioned above are making me very stress over this job... Maybe that's the working environment of people who earns a higher salary than others... Then again, maybe this only happens to me due to my pessimistic character... Probably most of my friends think that my current job pays very well... but wait till you get in here then you will find out that the working life here is not as easy as we all thought.

If you ask me now, I would rather choose a job that pays a basic salary of $1800 with a 5-days work week than this current job. Yes, most people are attracted to the Vitamin M, so do I (and that's why I took up this job for a try). But if I cannot even pass the training or cannot perform well while the rest could do it, then I guessed this job is really not suitable for me... or rather, the banking industry is not my cup of tea even though their salary offered is high. If I am able to stay on, then it will be good for me... if not, I think they may ask me to leave... Hahaa... Anyway, I am leaving it to fate now. =P

No comments: