Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Christmas Gift Exchange Potluck Dinner 2008

I apologize for lagging in posting my entries. Hee... Juz realized that I have taken so many piccies on my camera but have not posted any entries on them. Since I am on leave today, I shall post them now...


Anyway, these are the piccies taken at Deardear's place on the day of the Christmas potluck. Among all the types of food brought over, I love Damone and Apple's potato salad best!! Coz I love potato salad!! Can teach me how to do it?? Meiye's wantons are also nice. And for the topshell that we have made, no matter how much we have prepared, it always seems insufficient to me. Hehee... Wish I can have one plate to myself next time! (Scarly eat already lao-sai! Kekeke...)

I am glad that Fang managed to make it on that day coz I thought she wasn't going initially. Oh yah, we played Taboo that night after dinner and I sucks at it manz! I was like so lost for words whenever I look at the word to be described on the card... I think my english vocab is so damn limited lah! Hate the game after playing it coz it exposed me of my poor english standard in front of everyone. Or rather I hate the feeling of not being able to score points for the gals' team, instead I gave away many points to the guys' team! Hmmph!


After the game, we had chocolate fountain for dessert. Love the strawberries from Korea... Although they look slightly pale, they were so sweet. At first when I saw the strawberries sold in the supermarket, I thought they would not be sweet at all. Hmm... I was wrong.

Then after dessert we proceeded with the gifts exchange. Coincidentally, majority of the gifts bought were the same things! That's none other than the Esprit towel and the Umbra photoframe!!! Yes, 5 of us got the Esprit towel!! Then also, Eileen and I bought the same photoframe from Taka, and Choco and Andrew got them.


I remembered days before the dinner, Deardear and I met Eileen for dinner at Taka Ajisen, we were discussing about the gift exchange. I told her that I hate to receive chocolates as presents, so I told her not to buy chocolates. Then she said she prefer chocolates than photoframe. I then said although I don't like both but still I prefer photoframe than chocolates. Then she said she will buy photoframe for me next time. Then Markie and I looked at each other and umm-chio! Kekeke... Coz actually I already bought photoframe for the gift exchange and I actually did not really like that photoframe. I bought it bcoz I did not know what else to buy and the photoframe was in fact recommended by Dear's friend who was working at Taka. Never did I expect that Eileen actually ended up buying that same photoframe which I bought for the gift exchange! Luckily I did not get back the same thing which I bought.

Among all the presents exchanged, I think the Coach cardholder that Peter got is the most valuable one bah! So lucky! I also want! =P

No comments: