Wednesday, January 14, 2009

408th Engaged Encounter Weekend @ Punggol ME House


I spent my whole of last weekend with Deardear, his sis and sis' bf, participating in the Engaged Encounter weekend. In short, it's called EE weekend. This is a 2.5 days stay-in marriage preparation programme for Catholics or inter-faith couples to attend if they want to hold their wedding in a church, which means we checked-in on Friday night at 7pm and the programme lasted until Sunday evening 6pm. Although we learnt that it was actually not compulsory for all Catholics to attend only after attending it, I had fun there, coz it was a time for me to spend quality time with Deardear where there's no one else to interrupt us!


At first I was not so keen of going for the camp and was worried that I have to sleep alone or share the the room with a stranger. Furthermore, I am not a Catholic, I was scared that they will preached alot about God and stuff like that. But luckily I managed to change my room and slept in the same room with Dear's sis. Other than the Mass, which I had some difficulties understanding the behaviour and words said by the Catholics, I was fine with the overall EE weekend. Anyway, we were told that we are not allowed to blog about the topics and contents discussed during the weekend coz they are copyrighted. Although I am not allowed to reveal more, I just wanna say that it is fun to have couple hugs with the presenting couples!! Hehee...


I was glad that the weekend allowed Deardear and I to discuss about the things which we have never discussed before and that we now know what each other want in our relationship. This weekend also brought us together to become closer and taught us what to do when we gets angry with each other. Generally, it is beneficial to all couples who wants to get married lah! Hmm... I think this weekend also gave me the chance to get to know Deardear's sis better... coz when we cannot sleep on the first night, we spent half the night chit-chatting.


Thanks to Father Joachim for praying with us on Saturday night, the 2 presenting couples - Pat and Lin, Nic and Su for sharing their experiences with us and to the 2 prayer couples - Mark and Corinne, Anthony and Laura for praying for us during the weekend.


After the weekend, I was so tired... =P

No comments: