Monday, February 12, 2007

Princessy Nails For CNY

I have always been hoping to get my nails done like Jolin's... But it's always so expensive. After much consideration, I decided to get it done for this CNY since I saved up abit during my previous job.

Did some research online and found out from CozyCot's forum that there's a manicurist named Dawn at Bugis Village who knows how to design nails like those of Jolin and Ayumi! Immediately I smsed the manicurist to make an appointment with her on last Thursday. She then replied saying that she will be able to take my appointment at 4pm on that same day.

I got changed and then went down to Bugis Village, had some difficulty looking for the shop as there are too many stores inside. However, I still managed to find the place. I was abit taken aback by the size of the shop at first, as it is quite small. However, since I was already there and Dawn even smsed and called me to asked if I was reaching, I decided to just go for it!

Met and told Dawn that I wanted to do a full set french acrylic extensions plus blink blink nailart that looks like Jolin. I also asked her how much will everything costs? She said full set french acrylic extensions cost $75, the blink nailart costs $50 and there will be an additional $8 charge during CNY period. Total summing up to $133. I accepted the deal since I was already there...

Felt really excited while seeing Dawn extending my nails. It seems really interesting as this is my first time doing it!!! We also had small talks during the whole process... While doing the extensions, Dawn already told me that she knew how she would be designing my blink nailart using Swarovski crystals. She even ensures me that everyone will take notice of my nails during CNY!!!

It took Dawn almost 2 hours to do the extensions, then she even gave me a toilet break after that, before she continued with the nailart!! I must say she provides good customer service at reasonable rates!!

After I came back from the toilet and also called Deardear to inform him about my nails, Dawn then continued with the designing of the nailart on my nails.

After about an hour... TADAH...


Blink blink nails!!!!!! With lots of crystals!!!!!!

Dawn told me to take the MRT home after this as others will definitely look at my nails when I hold onto the bars in the train... which I did. When I was transferring and waiting for another train at City Hall MRT station, I heard some gossiping in Mandarin between 2 young girls who were standing behind me!

I heard one of them whispering to the other saying "I'll tell you later...", then I looked into the reflection on the glass panel, saw the other girl looking at my nails saying "her nails are very nice hor", then they continued discussing whether my nails are real or fake and went on to tell each other how they cannot do things with such long nails...

In my heart I was thinking "of coz nice lah!!! $133 leh!!!" but I was indeed very proud of my nails!!! And even folded my arms purposely so that I could show my nails to them and all the people standing behind me!!! AHAHAHAAA!!!

Anyway, eavedropping is kinda fun!!! Hehee... But hopefully all are positive comments!

These few days, it's so irresistable for me to look at my own nails, especially whenever there's light shining onto them coz they are soooooo blink!!!!!!

LOVE THEM!!! But I hope the crystals will not fall off before CNY!

No comments: