Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Gong Xi Fa Cai!!!

Happy Lunar New Year to all!!! Time passes so fast, today is already the 4th day of CNY!!

Few days back, everyone were still so busy with their CNY shopping, most mothers were busy with cooking and preparing food for their visitors... but now the festive mood has gone back to normal again. The 3 days of public holiday are over... Adults going back to work, students going back to school and for me, I have to really really look for a proper job now!!! No more slacking and no more excuses about waiting for CNY to be over then look for a job... coz CNY would soon be over in another 1 to 2 weeks time... Sianz...

Well well, here's just some updates on the last few days' event...

The day before CNY eve, I finally went to the hair salon and did something to my hair after much consideration! I PERMED MY HAIR and spent 6 hours at the salon!!! Guess how much it costs me?? Costs me almost or more than the price of an ipod video manz!!! 537 bucks to be exact! No, you did not see wrongly... it's $537!!! Think fang gonna faint when she reads this... Hahaa!!

I know, i know... it's not worth to perm my hair at this price coz others can get the same thing done at a lower price like $200 to $300... But I have not finished... I did my hair at Jean Yip so I've already expected it to be ex. The next question is why am I so stupid to do my hair at Jean Yip when I know it's expensive and not go to some cheaper salon?? Coz firstly, my hairstylist is from Jean Yip la!! Secondly, I bleached my hair rigorously last time, meaning my hair is so damn dry so it needs extra treatment (that's why the need to spend extra $$$) to get the same perming results as those who have not bleach their hair before - the same reason for why I previously rebonded my hair at Jean Yip.

Actually, the $536 was made up of $288 for digital perm plus spa treatment, $168 for scalp treatment (for dry/oily/itchy scalp or people with dandruffs), $48 treatment serum and $33 for curl activator. So in fact, the expensive part is due to the treatment and the extra things I bought from them... The bad thing about going to Jean Yip is that they like to ask you to take up their hair packages, ask you to buy this and that to apply on your hair and ask you to do hair treatment... So to prevent my hair from turning too dry and frizzy, I am always easily psychoed by them loh...

Anyway, I like this perm more than the previous one done at HaruScene 2 years ago.


Nice?? Better be!!!

Anyway on CNY eve, here's what my parents and I had for our reunion dinner...

Just a very simple meal for the 3 of us!! That's bcoz we already had our reunion meal in advance at Coca Restaurant 2 days before. Coz my brother was scheduled to fly to Korea and Canada during CNY, so he is not around to celebrate with us, therefore we had our reunion lunch before his trip.

On the 1st day of CNY, we only have 3 places to visit. Eversince my grandma passed away, we have 1 less place to go. The first place we went to was my aunt's place where all my paternal relatives met up and gathered for lunch, thus that's the place for my cousins and I to collect the most ang paos!!!

Next, we proceeded to Toh Tuck to visit my granduncle and his family. After that, we had to travel to Bedok to visit my grandpa's brother's wife (is it called grandaunty huh??)... Then back to my house where all my relatives gathered for dinner. Since my cousins brought their gf to my place I also told Deardear to come and join us for dinner.


The 2nd day of CNY was Deardear's mama birthday. On that day, I went to visit my mum's eldest sister with my parents first. Deardear then drove to pick me up at Tiong Bahru and we went to VivoCity BakerzIn to collect the birthday cake for his mama. After that, we had to rush to Canton Wok to join Deardear's family and relatives to celebrate his mama's 60th birthday! I felt kinda stressed then bcoz I don't really know Deardear's relatives!!! Good thing that they all seems friendly to me... and the topic of the day was about my nails!!! Hehee... But there were still a number of them whom I don't know coz I was only introduced to the people sitting in the same table as me.


Yesterday, the 3rd day... my parents and I went to visit my mum's second sister. After that, we also visited my dad's youngest sister. I love her doggy called Snowy... so cute!!! After visiting, we then went to River Ang Pao for a walk since my mum suggested going. Anyway, it suxs!!! The stalls there are worst than those pasar malam stalls!!! Don't bother to go if you are thinking of going lah... Waste time only... Unless you wanna go and look at those people taking their umbrellas upside down, standing in front of the huge Cai Shen Ye, waiting to collect the tiny weeny pieces of gold dropping down!!! Kekeke!!! =P

No comments: