Sunday, August 27, 2006

I Miss Those Uni Days!!!

As I mentioned in the last 2 entries about how tired I am about my work, the environment that I am working in, the people I work with and the job... I was so sick to the point that I try not to think about work when I am alone but make use of my travelling time to think about other happy memories!

My daily routine while travelling home from Suntec will be to listen to my iPod shuffle playing most of Jolin's songs and some other songs which I have downloaded during my skool days. These songs somehow always bring back those good old memories of the past, especially those times which I spent with Dear and the rest of the gang from SIM.

Remembering those tok kok and gossip sessions while sitting outside lectures, lecture tea-breaks and lunch breaks, the after-skool shopping and movie outings, tennis sessions and beach outings - the times we spent at Palawan and Sunset Bay and of coz not forgetting the fun and laughters we had in Melbourne/Sydney (especially when I hear the song 'Tong Hua') and also our Bangkok trip... I really miss those days alot!!

On one of the days last week while I was travelling home on a double decker bus, came this young couple in JC uniform who sat in front of me. The gal then fell asleep on the guy's shoulder... I dunno why but I could feel my eyes becoming more and more watery as the scene sort of reminded me of one of those days when Dear sent me home from skool after lecture. I suddenly became emotionally sad bcoz I know that it is impossible now to bring me back to those days when life was so free and easy without worries about work, yet time could be spent with my Dear and friends almost everyday... Then again, I think these memories made me feel really sweet and warm inside, especially after an entire day of stress and unhappiness faced at work.

However, the sad thing is that most of us have already started working, with each leading a different lifestyle, we hardly have the time to meet up with one another now... Life has become ultimately boring!! Although the phase of transiting from a student to a working adult lifestyle is something that everyone needs to go through... For me, I am still struggling very hard to settle on my working life...

Seeing and knowing many people of my age have already settled down and have a stable career by now. Sometimes I wish that I am already in that phase bcoz I think I am getting old and lagging behind as I have yet to even get settled down on my job, not to mention that this is just a contract job. Sigh... I guessed this is the so-called peer pressure bah. =S

Anyway, our graduation ceremony is on this coming Friday! Hehee... I am looking forward to see all of us reunite again!!! =D

P/S: The following peeps, please keep this Saturday free k... you are invited for a treat!!

1) Shufang
2) Tammie
3) Eileen
4) Kelvin
5) Kevin
6) Gena
7) Damone
8) Mark Leong
9) Christine
10) Peter
11) Meiye

No comments: