Tuesday, August 22, 2006

My Hates and Worries about Work...

Just when I thought bank training is fun, here comes the sad part of it... The management has once again showed their stun by shortening our training by 1 day, ending it on this Thursday, without giving us prior notice!! This also means that I have to go back to the platform to answer calls again... worst still, not just credit cards but INCLUDING bank related calls this time!!! Arrrgh!!! Stress...!!!

We have recently touched on topics on some bank loans... As usual, I am very slow in catching what the trainer was explaining... and I meant real slow, probably due to my lack of general banking knowledge. Thus I am always 1 to 2 points behind time of what the trainer explained. Sometimes, I hate myself for being so slow in everything... slow in hearing, slow in copying, slow in learning, slow in practically everything... I cannot imagine how slow I will be again when handling bank calls from this Friday onwards.

Actually I have been brooding over a couple of things which happened during these 2 weeks... mostly caused by hidden doubts. Well, probably I can only blame it on myself for not being sociable enough at mingling with others. Was kind of disappointed with myself over certain issues. This is where I realized that 'guan xi' plays an important role in the working life.

Apart from the above, many more things have also caused me to feel damn de-motivated to go to work now. There's too many reasons that I can think of... I can simply list down 10 reasons:

1) I hate waking up in the morning - no matter how early I went to bed the previous night, I will still feel tired in the next morning as long as I know that my itinerary for the day = work

2) I hate taking a cab that costs me approx. $20 (including the $7 for ERP) each morning just to prevent me from being late for work

3) I am so irritated bcoz they are going to close the roads near Suntec area due to IMF which directly affects how I travel to work from 10-20 September

4) I hate to commit myself to work, simply bcoz I draw a line very clearly between my work and personal time, so I hate staying back after office hours to clear up emails and do follow-ups!!

5) I hate that this job eventually needs me to go into shift work

6) I hate putting on a mask, meaning having to pretend to be so damn humble in front of those old birds with bloody attitude problems and stuck up superiors just to seek their help or advice on certain handling procedures, despite them giving us the "what the fcuk you want from me??" attitude!!

7) I hate to clear my email inbox that is always bombarded with mails and notices which 1/2 the time I do not understand what it is talking about and furthermore, we do not even have the time to read them!!

8) I hate to do those stupid online compliance tests/quizzes which is such a waste of my time!!

9) I hate doing follow-ups of dispute cases, especially for irritating, unreasonable, lazy and dumbass customers!!!

10) I hate it when the supervisors bark at us to go on ready to wait for calls to come in when we are still stuck at trying to figure out the right procedures to handle or follow-up on the last customer's request

No comments: