Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Needed A Break!

I was late for work yesterday. Once again, I procrastinated to go to work and thus arrived 30 minutes late at work. In fact, I was having a slight headache and I should have seize the opportunity to take MC, however I didn't.

When I arrived at work, there was no applications for me to process on my table. And when I asked one of my team leaders for applications, she said that they have finished allocating all the applications and there wasn't enough left for me... so she told me to do the cleaning up of the old applications which needed follow-ups with customers.

That was what I did the whole morning till noon. Sometimes I wonder what are my job responsibilities. It seems like I am working there more like a temp staff doing all sort of extra jobs like filing, sorting and things like that rather than a permanent staff with specific tasks!!

Since there wasn't much work to do, I took half-day leave and met up with Deardear to go shopping!! At that moment when I stepped out of office, I felt freedom. And when I walked along Orchard Road, I feel that I am back in my own world - the world where I see young fashionable people and NOT mountain tortoises!!

Although I was having a slight headache, I told myself to cherish this half-day leave. The thought that others were working while I was shopping made me feel great! Hahaa!

Shopping with Deardear and buying things that I like made me even happier!! Thanks to Deardear for buying me the pants and stuff toys!! I also bought a black jockey cap from Adidas. I have been spending alot of money recently but I think I really needed this retail therapy! =P


We also watched 'Resident Evil: Extinction' last night... The movie was great!! The main character is so cooooool!! It's another must-watch movie, especially for those who has watched the previous parts before!

The movie also ended my half-day 'holiday' from work. While I was on my way home in the cab with Dear, my headache became worst. Maybe it's a sign due to my resistance of going back to work again on the next day.

This morning, I still woke up with headache. This is my chance for not going to work again!! And yes, I took my first MC today after so long.

P/S: Sorry to the gals - Fang, Eileen and Tammie for not going for the dinner at Hilton coz I was having quite a bad headache and felt kinda lethargic to go out so late. Hope you gals enjoyed yourselves just now!

No comments: