Friday, January 26, 2007

Out On A Rainy Day

It's been almost 1 year plus since the last time I met up with Vanessa. She's my ex-colleague, also my very good friend!!

After so long, we finally met up again on last Thursday bcoz the both of us are soooo freeeeee!! Kekeke!! Coincidently, she left her job recently too... so we are both jobless people!! =P

It was raining cats and dogs when I was travelling on my way to Far East Plaza. As usual, Vanessa accompanied me to iNuovi and waited for me to trim my eyebrows. Lili wasn't working on that day so Linda trimmed my brows for me instead.

After my eyebrow-trimming session, we did not know where to go as we were sort of stuck at Far East. Though Vanessa brought a small foldable umbrella with her, it was not big enough to shelter the both of us to the other parts of Orchard Road. Or rather, we actually did not want our Berkies to get wet!!! Hahaaa!!

As we do not want to spend money on shopping, so we decided to go to CineLeisure KBox for karaoke. Furthermore, there was nothing else for us to do!

We ended up taking a bus to Heeren and then walked very slowly under Vanessa's small umbrella to CineLeisure. Although the distance wasn't far, the walk from Heeren to CineLeisure was a struggle for us!! Bcoz... we would rather get ourselves slightly drenched by walking slowly under the small umbrella shield than to let the inner sole of our slippers get wet! Heee... Despite our effort, our slippers still got wet when we reached CineLeisure! Haaa!!

We then took a lift up to KBox on Level 8 and requested for a KTV room. They gave us Room No. 33... I was hoping that it will be quite a spacious room, however it turned out to be a very small one instead!! Disappointed... =(

It took me a few songs to warm up... coz I have not sang KTV for quite some time... But soon, I started my Jolin concert as usual. And then Vanessa also started her S.H.E. and Xiao Zhu's concert!! Hehee...

Time flies whenever I am singing KTV. Soon it was 8.50pm... We left the room before the package timing ended at 9pm as we wanted to go and take photo stickers on Level 2 and the photo sticker shop closes at 9.

Had some fun reliving the days of taking photo stickers. In fact, the photo sticker machines now are much more high-tech and images are so much nicer!! Had a good laugh while we were using one of the machines coz it allows us to choose images such as we were in the rubbish bins and prison!! The pictures turned out to be hilarious!! But a sad thing was that we had insufficient time to add designs and decorations to the background of the photos!! All bcoz the shop was closing!! Damn!!

After that, I called Dear to make reservation at Wine Network and brought Vanessa there for dinner... Had a tough time waiting for a cab, as it was still raining and there were many other people also waiting for cab outside CineLeisure. Fortunately, Vanessa saw a vacant cab turning out from Mandarin Hotel and we managed to flag it.

The cab driver had some problem with his hearing though... We told him that we wanted to go to Dampsey. Immediately he shook his head and did not want to take us, he even said that it's too far... After we heard him said that it's too far, Vanessa and I then stressed that it is not far, just nearby Botanical Gardens!! The uncle then said ok and so allowed us to board his cab. After that, he told us that he thought that we wanna go to Tampines coz he heard Dampsey as Tampines.... Duhh!!

No comments: