Sunday, January 14, 2007

My New Hamsters!!

Few days ago, my mum brought back 2 white hamsters with red eyes, given by one of her colleague who breed and rare them... My family even went downstairs to shop for the hamster food, accessories and toys for them...


However, they were so fierce that one of them bit my brother's thumb while he was transferring them from the smaller tank into the big tank!!

Seeing that they will bite, non of us dare to put our hand into the tank again...

We even did a test by lowering a sock into the tank... Immediately, the 2 white hamsters stood up and bit into the sock... My mum who was holding onto the sock even had difficulty in making them let go from the sock coz they bit it really tight! In the end, my mum had to shake the sock so as to shake them off... Hahaa!! Wow... Imagine if it was a hand that was bitten so tightly... Oh no, it's so scary!!

My mum decided to return them to the owner since they were so unfriendly!

1 day after my mum returned the white hamsters to their owner, she brought back another 2 grey hamsters!! These 2 were also given by another of my mum's colleagues. She told me that it is a trend among her colleagues now to rare hamsters and breed them! Hehee!


Both hamster are females coz my mum does not want them to breed and these 2 are very much cuter than the previous ones!! But one of them has lesser fur on its legs... according to the owner, its fur has dropped due to fighting with the other hamsters.

Now these 2 grey ones seems friendlier as they did not bite when we lowered our hands into the tank. But so far I still do not dare to carry or touch them... coz these 2 tend to fight with each other for their own territories and for playing the wheel... They will even make the squeeking sound which I think sounds quite cute! Sounds like some squeeky toy!! Hahaa!!

I learnt from one of my friends who has rared hamsters before, she said that I will need to separate them if they continue to fight and has blood stains appearing... However, till now I do not see any blood stain though I always see them squeeking with each other. Sometimes I wonder if they are just talking or quarrelling leh? Or are they just playing??

In fact, it's really interesting and funny to look at them coz you get to see how they fight for their territories, especially snatching to run on the wheel! Hehee...

I just hope nothing will happen to them coz we are still putting them together despite hearing them squeeking frequently. Any advice from people who has rared or are raring hamsters??

No comments: