Thursday, May 04, 2006

My Hair Rebonding Experiences...


I was feeling rich on last Friday... bcoz I finally saw a 4-digit amount in my bank after receiving the progress package!! Hahaa... BUT... the amount has juz dropped back to 3 digits yesterday. Guess what? I went for hair rebonding and treatment at Jean Yip Salon yesterday and I spent a total of $404.35 (after discount somemore)... Sigh... I think if there was no discount, the total amount would add up to about $600 plus! The breakdown of the total consists of $228 for rebonding, $98 for 4-Step O3 treatment and $78.35 for the rebonding shampoo, mask and serum. There goes two-third of my progress package!!

Probably others may think that I am stupid to spend such money... Well, though it is expensive but I think it's still worth it! Or should I say it is an investment for me to get better quality hair? Errmm... Not to say that my hair is beautiful or of very good quality lah, but due to my continuous bleaching and dyeing, I dare not risk it by going to any neighbourhood salon for rebonding juz bcoz they offer a cheaper rate. I simply do not trust them!!

Firstly, the chemical that they use may not be suitable to be used on bleached/chemical treated hair. Secondly, they may or may not know that the consequence of rebonding on very dry bleached hair would actually make the hair frizzy instead... So in order to earn the customers' money, they may juz go ahead with the process without informing about the consequence, as long as the customers asked for the service and only at the end of it realized that their hair has turned frizzy instead of being straightened. I have seen this happened in one of the salon in Far East... not to mention the name. I guessed that gal muz have regretted...

Anyway, I trust Jean Yip for their rebonding bcoz they are confident that their chemical product can be used on very dry and bleached hair... They have 2 types of rebonding... one is the normal rebonding and the other is called soft rebonding or gel rebonding. I go for the latter although it is more ex as the chemical is not as strong as the one used for normal rebonding, so it can be used on bleached or chemical treated hair. And if you think that your hair texture has bcom very very dry after the rebonding process, I would recommend that you do a treatment immediately after the rebonding process as you will feel an instant difference in the texture after the treatment process.

In fact, the first time when I wanted to rebond my hair was at Reds Salon. But I was told that my hair is too dry to rebond after continuous dyeing and bleaching, so the hairstylist advised that I should not rebond it. However, I wasn't convinced about it at first thus the hairstylist offered to do a rebonding test on a few strands of my hair to see if my hair could take the chemical reaction... And I agreed to it. After the rebonding process on those few strands, they really turned frizzy!! I felt very disappointed that I cannot rebond my hair then, plus the test that spoilt a small portion of my hair... I really regretted for not believing what the hairstylist told me earlier. In the end, I had to wait for about 6 months for all the frizz to grow longer and to be cut away.

After 6 months, I then went to other salons to ask whether rebonding could be done on bleached hair... Most of the salons' advice were no, only when I went to Jean Yip at Bugis which assured me that it can be done with a less strong chemical and with the appropriate heat on the ionic straightener.

Hence, I did my first rebonding at Jean Yip. The branch manager kept telling his assistant to be extra careful during the rebonding process... After 3 to 4 hours, my hair was nicely rebonded with no frizz at all!! PERFECT!!! Eversince then, I only dare to do my rebonding at Jean Yip Salons. So far, I have done it 4 times at Jean Yip and my hair always turns out to be soft and straight!! Furthermore, I think it's good to have a fixed hairstylist to do your hair, be it for haircut or for colouring, bcoz the hairstylist would eventually know your hair texture, quality and style better than any other stylists from other salons.

I think Jean Yip should pay me for giving them such a good review on rebonding!! Hahaa!! Or maybe they should give me more discounts in future!! Hehee... =P

I also just found out that the hairstyling model (the gal who appears on the salons' posters and printed advertisements) is actually Jean Yip's daughter. Her most recent poster with her long wavy hair looks abit like Jolin. Sigh... Why am I not born in Jean Yip's family?? Hahaa!! If not I can change a different hairstyle everyday too!! Kekeke...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should mention which salon it is so that people may either consult the stylist or be cautious when they go into that salon ...

nice sweet pretty site!