Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Tribute to Michael Jackson (1958-2009)...


Last night, I stayed up to watch the live telecast of Michael Jackson's memorial service on CNN online. I feel very sad while and after watching the memorial service although I do not know Michael Jackson in person, neither was I a fan of his before he died... It's a pity that he has gone too soon...

In fact, when Michael Jackson was still alive, all I knew about him was that he was a black singer who went through plastic surgery, changed his skin tone and was really good in dancing and moonwalking, his music is really popular in the world and that he is called the King of Pop. Then I also heard about the child molesting cases which I don't really care whether it was true or not... Other than all that, I knew nothing much about him and didn't care much about his existence.

It was only after his death and that the media started reporting about his life then I got to know that he seems to be a really nice person... I started becoming more and more interested about him... I started watching MTV channel almost everyday to catch glimpse of news and programmes about Michael Jackson. Then eventually, I realized that I kinda like him but I do not know exactly why... think it is bcoz of his love for children and that he indeed influenced the world with his music... And of coz I like seeing him dance!! I wish I was a fan earlier, now it seems too late... I guess I could only pay my tribute by buying his CD to keep as a memorabilia.

While watching the memorial service last night, my tears kept rolling down automatically. The finale of the memorial service ended with everyone and the crews of the 'This Is It' concert singing We Are The World and Heal The World. Finally, the best part was when his daughter Paris spoke up, and I was so touched by her words! Her speech about her daddy was the most powerful speech among all! It is simply too touching!!!





Goodbye Michael Jackson... You will be missed! R.I.P.

No comments: