Friday, July 03, 2009

The Flaw In Samsung Preston

Recently, I have just upgraded my handphone to Samsung Preston. Ok, I bought this phone bcoz of its colour as I initially wanted to get the Samsung F480 model but M1 said that they no longer have stock for the pink one and so I chose to buy Preston since they have it in lilac violet colour. But now I am regretting it!!!

Just wanna warn girls like me who go for colours instead of functions when choosing the type of phone to buy... This phone is not a good phone for those with long nails, especially those with nail extensions... bcoz the touch screen function does not allow you to use fingernails to touch, neither any stylus will help... it is only sensitive to detect the tip of your fingers... so it's not that user-friendly for people with long nails.

The touch screen functions quite similarly to the first batch of iPhone... (not sure if the new batches is still the same though...) It makes sms-ing very tedious coz will tend to touch the wrong keys! I am just wondering since they are targeting this phone at the female market, why didn't they think about this inconvenience?? Girls love long nails and manicures so... we tend to use our nails to touch the screen instead of our fingertips! Samsung should have put the technology in Jet also in Preston earlier what!

After I bought the phone, I received the following advertisement in my email coincidently... the sentence about going easy on the manicure kinda irritates me!

Anyway, my Deardear bought the recently launched Samsung Jet which I think is way much better than Preston. Samsung Jet enables touch screen with fingernails and has more functions than Preston, even the colours and pictures looks nicer!

I feel like trading-in my Preston for the Jet! If I knew it earlier, I should have upgraded to Jet instead. I have now learnt my lesson not to go for colours in phones but for its functions. Hehee...

No comments: