Thursday, May 10, 2007

What Motivate You To Work??

Just came back from a job interview for a corporate sales position and I was being asked this question - What motivate you to work? Given a choice to choose between money and job position... what will you say???

I actually said job position during my interview. And I went on to explain that when a person gets promoted to a higher position, their salary will also increase! However, while on my way back home on the bus, I suddenly realized that I should have said money instead! Bcoz I am applying for a sales job and I guessed money is the answer they want to hear!! Damn... How can I forget about that? - Monetary incentives would motivate salespeople to try and hit their sales targets in order to get higher commissions!

Now that I remembered being asked this same question during my other sales job interviews previously, I used to say money motivates me and the interviewers all seem satisfied with my reply... and I was even shortlisted for second interviews. I don't know why I said position this time round... Geh kiang lah!! Perhaps at that point of time, I totally forgot that I was interviewing for a sale job, so I just blabbed out what I thought would be appropriate but not my true answer. =P

The overall interview progressed on quite smoothly, except for the fact that I think I answered the above question wrongly... =( And that I asked questions on almost everything about the job and company, but forgot to ask about the working hours. Duhh...

Although I think I answered most of the question quite appropriately, I saw the director scribbling alot of things taking up about 3/4 of an A4 size paper... be it when I am answering his questions or asking him questions! Got a feeling that he thinks that I may be suitable for the position bcoz of the skills I have picked up from the service industry but I think he's still hoping to look for other job candidates with the right attributes for the sales post.

Well well, I will need to wait till probably mid of next week to see if I am selected for a 2nd interview loh. Meanwhile, wish me luck for my next interview tomorrow! =)

No comments: