Monday, December 08, 2008

Tis' The Season To Be Jolly... Falalalala... Lalalala....

Yeaa!!! I'll just need to go to work for another 1 more day tomorrow then I'll be on block leave!!! Woo-hoo~!!! It's my long awaited getaway from work!!! =D

How time flies... It's been a year already. Didn't expect that I will stay in my current job for so long... Yesh, to me, 1 year is long... Can never understand why the older generations can stay on for 10 to 20 years working in the same company.

Ok, Christmas is here again! Time for Christmas shopping and celebrations too! But I am still thinking if I should be buying presents for my colleagues... bcoz the economy isn't doing well, most people are afraid of being retrenched and are all saving up as much as they can at this time... and... I heard some colleagues saying that they are not going to buy any presents for gift exchange this year. Wonder if they really meant what they say... Scarly I am the only idiot buying things for others and getting nothing back in exchange... If this happens, I will be damn disappointed after that! I know it's the sincerity that matters but still, I don't think it will be appreciated by some of my colleagues. I can imagine them having the mentality like this: 'It was you who want to buy the present for me, I also never tell you to buy.' This was what one of them told me that day during our casual chat when I mentioned about christmas gift-exchange.

On last Saturday, we just held a yearly activity at Deardear's house - the christmas tree set-up dinner. Last year, Deardear cooked steak for everyone. This year, we made po-piah and as usual, Deardear made desserts for us - goreng pisang! No lah, I meant caramelized bananas with ice cream! Kekeke... Oh yah, not forgetting Choco's sago with gula melaka.

This year we also had special guests appearance - Damone with girlfriend, Apple! Hope that he can make it for the coming one for gift-exchange... and hopefully Tammie and Fang can make it too! Maybe can ask Peter and Meiye, Mark Leong and girlfriend. How about making it a pot-luck thingy??! Ok, this will be reconfirmed by Deardear again lah.

Hmmm... Acutally we have been wanting to organize an alumni chalet/BBQ gathering for our uni classmates but it seems kinda hard to coordinate a time for everyone to be able to make it... Furthermore, I wonder how many people will turn up if we really organize, seeing that our circle of trust has become smaller and smaller... Heee... =P

Now back to the christmas tree set-up dinner... here are the piccies!

No comments: