Thursday, January 31, 2008

Back To Streaks Again...

Yesterday, I went to my hairstylist's salon coz I took leave to visit the dentist as well. I went there without making up my mind of what I want to do with my hair, but I just went. Initially, I just wanted to speak to my hairstylist to ask him for his suggestions. However, when I reached his salon and asked for his name. A guy then told me to take a seat inside.

Despite feeling abit confused and undecided, I still walked in and sat down aimlessly. Next, that guy then served me with magazines and a cup of water, which is the standard procedure when I go there for my hairdos. I guessed I cannot say I don't want to do anything to my hair by now. So he asked me what would I like to do? And I told him that I just need a trim.

5 mins later, my hairstylist came over and reconfirmed my request. But this time I told him I don't know what to do with my hair. He immediately suggested highlighting. And so I asked for his recommendations of the 2 colour tones for highlight and lowlight. He asked if I want to do the same colours as before... I said no and told him that I want something different, something that is not so common. Then he recommended me 2 tones of ash colours - ash brown for the base and ash blonde for the streaks. After some consideration, I accepted his recommendation.

During the dyeing process, I saw the colour of the streaks after bleaching... They looked almost white!!! I was abit worried. When everything was done, my fringe has a streak of blue! Gave me a shock coz I didn't choose that colour in the beginning! And I thought my whole head has streaks of blue... however not. Instead the rest of the streaks are ash blonde which look very much like greyish white hair! I was quite satisfied with the end results... In fact, I wished there were more blue streaks.

But the moment I reached home, my mum commented that I look ugly and even said that I look like I have aged like an old woman! Hated the comment! Coz it made me feel like I have wasted my money for the colouring!

I was hoping to hear better comments from my colleagues... Instead, 6 out of 9 colleagues gave the same comments like my mother! I felt worst!!! And Vanessa kept repeating to others that I have got white hair and that I have turned old after not seeing her for 1 day... blah, blah, blah...

All these comments made me regret colouring my hair but what's done cannot be undone (unless I dye my hair back to black again)... I can only tell myself that they do not know how to appreciate such colours, either they are old-fashion or they are jealous that they do not have the courage to do so! Hmmph!!! Self-consoling I know! But who cares??! As long as I am happy can already! =P

Here are my Sadako pictures...




Hope I didn't scare you... Hahaa... =D

No comments: