Thursday, November 13, 2008

Waiting For The Moment Of Truth...

There are rumours going around in my department that tomorrow will be the moment of truth... Although the news announced that we will only get to find out by the end of the month, I really didn't expect it to be so soon...

Eversince Monday, everyone's mood became super low and demoralize... The usual noisy department has became quieter suddenly... Although we all know that we may or may not be affected, but we tried not to talk about it during our working hours except during lunch time.

I believe everyone feels scared to receive the dreading letter although some may not say it... Those who are more affected are those with family commitments or having plans for marriage...

As for me, it feels like those days as if I was waiting for my exam results... I am like waiting to find out the truth whether I am one of them or not, which is just like waiting to know if I passed or failed my exam. But to make myself more prepared for it, I kept telling myself that my chance to get the letter is 90%. In fact, I am a little happy about it since I have always been hoping to change to another job but then again, during this recession period, I am just as worried as the rest about my own future bcoz there are many uncertainties on the ability to get another job within the next few weeks/months.

Despite all the inner self-talk and worries, I guess there's nothing much that I can do now, but to crack jokes out of it with my colleagues to make ourselves feel less miserable while working... We can now only depend on fate and luck...

No comments: