Wednesday, August 13, 2008

By2 - Talented Singaporeans

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!


Seen these 2 twins on a music video called PP別黏在椅上 on the chinese MTV channel last week and the one with the straight fringe immediately reminds me of Jolin in her younger days!

Anyway, I did a music video search on Youtube and realized that they are actually Singaporeans!! That's not all... they are 16 years old, sings well, one of them plays the keyboard, the other plays the violin... and both are freaking good at hip hop dancing!! I think they are COOOOOOOL!!!!!!!! Really admire their talent and youth!!

Seeing them made me realized that I have aged so much... Sadz, I am so damn old now... but they also reminds me of my younger days when I took up singing classes hoping to become a star one day... Yeah, the only difference is that By2's effort has paid off in fulfilling their dream but for me, I gave up halfway on my singing lessons coz the fees were too expensive and I lack the x-factor, confidence and morale support! I guess it is now different from the past... Last time, if you tell others that you want to become a star, they might tell you to dream on or even laugh at you for being so unrealistic... unlike now there are so many singing competitions to take part on TV - Campus Superstar, Project Superstar, Superband, etc... By2 can even quit school to fulfil their singing dream!

Although I know it is hard to fulfil my dream, at least I still managed to convince my mother to let me take up singing courses for about 1 year, hoping that some day I can become a star too. I was with Hark Music for 9 month and then I left and change to Lee Wei Song School of Music for 3 months bcoz it was then a more popular singing school than the rest due to the popularity of Stephanie Sun! However, I gave up bcoz the monthly course fee was too expensive and I think my other classmates have got more powerful voices than me... in which made me feel that I do not stand the chance to be talent-scouted. And so I thought I might as well quit so as not to waste my mother's money.

Still not giving up, I secretly sent in my application to take part in the Ocean Butterflies Music Forest singing audition in 2001 and received a call to attend to audition... so I went to the audition alone... I chose to sing Stephanie Sun's 开始懂了 bcoz I sang this same song at the Hark Cafe during my stage exposure session when I was taking my course at Hark Music. Unfortunately, I forgot my lyrics after the 3rd/4th phrase during the audition due to stage fright and nervousness! Heheee... I was utterly disappointed with myself! But few weeks after the audition, I received a letter from Ocean Butterflies to inform that I was shortlisted in the top 20% to sign up in the 非常歌手訓練班. Then again, course fee was too expensive for me at that time so I did not sign up for the course. But was really happy and glad to be in the top 20%!!! Kekeke... =D

Errr... I was supposed to talk about By2 but ended up talking about myself... duhhh... =p Anyway, those were some good old memories of mine!

Oh yes, I was mentioning about their dance... I think they are really good! I like singers who dance well!! Jolin is one example! Hahaaa!!! The songs in By2's album are quite nice too!! I like 好好愛^O^, 不夠成熟, 愛ㄚ愛ㄚ, PP別黏在椅上 and 太難搞.

Here's some video clips on their dance practices and performances.

No comments: