Saturday, December 15, 2007

My Holiday 2 Taiwan



Naruwan! 大家好! 我从台湾回来了喔! I have finally fulfilled my dream of travelling to Taiwan!

It has been a good experience for me to learn about the country. I have travelled from Taoyuan to Taipei, to Hsin Chu, to Taichung and then Kaohsiung during the 6 days tour with my parents and 18 other Singaporeans in my tour group! Among all, I still like Taipei city best followed by Kaohsiung city. It's bcoz these are places with more shopping areas!! Hahaa! The 2 best shopping areas in Taipei are Wu Fen Pu and Xi Men Ting! These are where you can buy clothes and accessories at cheap and bargainable prices! As for Kaohsiung, we went to Hsin Jue Jiang Night Market (for clothes) and Liu He Night Market (for food)!

Unfortunately, I went to Wu Fen Pu on a Monday as scheduled in my tour itinerary and Monday is a day for wholesale only!! Therefore, their shops do not entertain the selling of 1 or 2 pieces of merchandise to normal customers. However, you could try your luck by asking some of the shop owners although majority will not entertain. Moreover, it is winter season so all the shops are selling winter wears, thus i did not manage to buy much. But I met a pretty cute and handsome looking shop assistant who looks like a mixed Taiwanese and ang moh... so called pretty boy like Danson Tang, Wu Zun, F4 type of guy! Even my dad finds him handsome and asked if I wanna take a photo with him. Keke... Of coz not coz I was shy! =P

Oh yah, while flying on China Airlines, there was this Taiwanese air stewardess who looks 95% like Vivian Hsu, very sweet looking.

There was a double booking on my departure flight to Taiwan... meaning my seat number was taken up by another passenger with the same seat number as me. I was then push around to different empty seats which were eventually taken up by other passengers. In the end, my parents and I had to be splitted up to be seated individually. There and then, we condemned Five Stars Travel Agency! That's not all, when we arrived at Taoyuan Airport, our tour guide showed up late!

In fact, I didn't really enjoy my trip bcoz it's very rush! Furthermore, I spent most of the time travelling in the coach from one place to another... Travelling time can take up to 2 hours from one place to another! And all my hotels (except for the one in Kaohsiung) are located far away from the city, there are no shops located nearby at all... My tour guide brings us to the hotel to check-in early every evening and with no shops nearby, we had nothing better to do at night but to stay in our room to watch TV. Oh yah, they have 100 channels on their TV though... We wasted alot of time at those places selling pearl powder, royal jelly, lingzhi and some fengshui products whereby they will give a talk to introduce their products and then 'psycho' us to buy. Anyway, I think the tour guide gets commission from all these purchases made by us! Last but not least, my tour guide brought us to one of the amusement parks at night when all the rides are already closed! It was so duhh!!!

If not that I forgo my shopping time at Taipei 101 to visit Jolin's manicure shop - Oops! J, I think my trip wasn't worth it at all... coz I had insufficient time to shop at the places I like and wasted most of the time on other things which I am not interested in. In total, I ONLY bought 2 skirts, 1 shorts, 6 colour leggings and 1 pair of boots from Taipei! Can you believe it?? It's so not me!! Hahaa! Really wished that I had more time then!!

Afterall, I think it would have been a better choice to travel to Taipei or Kaohsiung on free and easy instead of travelling with a tour group if your motive is to go there to shop! If I ever have an opportunity to go to Taipei again on free and easy, I wish I can go to Oops! J for nail extensions plus nailart and maybe go for a haircut at H Park!


Among all the things I have bought, my favourite is still the 5 bottles of Oops! J nail polish! Hehee... The cashier in Oops! J kinda looks like Jolin! I wonder if she is somehow related to her?! Or probably we can easily spot celebrity look-a-likes in Taiwan! Anyway, it looks like all the Taiwanese girls, especially those working in the retail shops are all very pretty! So far I have already spotted 2 celebrity look-a-likes. No wonder they have the variety show called 超级明星脸.


Anyway, I will upload the pictures that I have taken soon but give me some time to do some sorting bcoz I haven taken more than 500plus pictures on my digital camera! Hee... =D

No comments: