Saturday, June 20, 2009

R.I.P. - My Family's Beloved Older Hamster (Jan 2007 - 2 May 2009)


Actually my hamster, Rafa, has passed away in the morning around 10.15am on 2 May 2009 which was also the day of my cousin's (Stephanie) wedding... My mum said that probably she wanted us to remember this date clearly as it is the same day as my cousin's wedding...

My family and I were actually all dressed up, getting ready to go to my relative's house to attend the wedding tea ceremony... Knowing that my hamster's condition was already very very very weak then, we had no choice but to prepare the food and water in a way so that my hamster could reach for them without us feeding it for that day (since we will be out all day)... My mum even told her to take care of herself for that day as we will not be around... At about 10.15am, I wanted to go take a look at her, however saw that she was lying on her side and no longer moving... there was also no more breathing... I shouted for my mum... and she confirmed that Rafa was dead...

I wanted to cry, in fact was already crying slightly... but I couldn't let my tears roll dow... Coz it will ruin my make-up... Deardear had to keep telling me to stop crying... but I feel really sad yet I can't let my tears ruin my make-up... Worst thing is that we are not allowed to talk about it at my cousin's house as superstition says that it is unlucky to talk about death during a happy occasion, especially during weddings. I wanted to tell my brother about it when I was at my relative's house but I can't as well.

Anyway, my mum has buried my hamster Rafa beside the tree downstairs my block, which was also next to where she buried my previous hamster Nadal! So now Rafa and Nadal are together again. =)

R.I.P. Rafa...

No comments: