Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I Hate Group Interviews!!!

I have attended 7 interviews last week... 5 of them were marketing related, 1 was a recruiter post and 1 was a total waste of time!!

Why a waste of time?? Bcoz it took me 2 hours for the interview, a group interview somemore... and it turned out to be a sales job! Hate this kind of interview coz I feel like I was being conned to the interview. In fact, I have experienced this type of interview method before previously, and the companies were located at the same area - Tanjong Pagar Road. Actually I had this fear that it might turned out to be the same as the one I have previously attended even before I went for the interview... And I kept telling myself that it would be an one-to-one interview like any other job interviews so as not to put aeroplane for the interview appointment, but when I arrived and was walking up the stairs to the company, I already felt that something was wrong!!

I heard the sound of television, which was exactly the same thing I experienced the last time when I went for that group interview. When I reached the second storey, there were 2 people sitting behind a desk welcoming me and they offered me an application form to fill up. In front of them, there were already 6 people sitting on the sofa watching 'Friends' while waiting for the interview! I knew that I was 'conned' to the interview again this time!! Immediately, I knew it was going to be a group interview bcoz there were so many people waiting and how can that be possible if it's an one-to-one interview... I felt like leaving yet I don't know how to... I had no choice but stayed throughout the group interview!!

The group interview started with a topic for us to brainstorm, and then we were being interviewed one by one based on the things we wrote on our application form and had to answer to the questions asked by the interviewer. After that, he went on with a small lecture on marketing and sales... Then to the Q&A session. Never did I expect it to last 2 whole hours!!! Wasted my time manz!!! I was 1 hour late for my KBox Buffet appointment with Vanessa that day!!!

No comments: